I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Pregnancy Notes

Now that I'm here, these are some notes mommy took down in her pregnancy book. The first person she told was daddy in an email. She told him not to get to excited, but that she took a pregnancy test that was positive. Then as previously noted had him bring home some better quality tests. Once the pregnancy was confirmed mommy told her parents followed shortly after by daddy's parents. When mommy told uncle Clancy he said, "Oh, what do you want to do that for?"

While she was pregnant she/I craved watermelon the most, other fresh fruits, pickles, hot tamales, pizza, and weird things that she normally hate like baked potatoes and store bought potato salad.

Some strange stuff happened to mommy's body while she was pregnant. To name a few she had extremely dry skin, it was like she was peeling from a bad sunburn for nine months. Her skin broke out and was blotchy discolored. She couldn't sleep and had and insanely stuffy nose that didn't make matters any better. She couldn't figure out why no once warned her, but her hips hurt like crazy. She was warned that her lower back hurt like crazy and it did. Finally her feet were swollen. She also noticed that her hair grew really fast, but then so did her belly, it was really huge at the end, I know because I was in it. By the end she weighed more than daddy by a little bit :(. She gained a whopping 45 pounds while pregnant with me, ugh.

All mommy has had the desire to do while pregnant was sleep and eat, and really wanted to get a message. She didn't realize it until after I was born, but she was more irritable than usual while pregnant. If she didn't eat fairly soon after she got hungry she entered what is now call "the danger zone" and then she would get crazy and demand to eat right now.

Mommy believed that having a girl would bring balance back to "the force", but daddy couldn't understand that because girls out number boys two to one in our house.

The funniest thing that happened to mommy while pregnant, according to daddy, was that she vomited big chunks of crackers out of her nose and had to blow it to get all of them out. Cousin Jackie said that she knew there was a baby in mommy's tummy because it's getting fatter. Kids say the darndest things.

There were a couple of other suggestions of what to name me, which were Isaac and Levae. I'm glad they went with Sadie, it suites me perfectly. When mommy and daddy took the prenatal classes, they were very entertained by a couple that waited until the week they were due to take the classes. That's cutting it close. At the end of the pregnancy mommy was tired of being pregnant and all of the discomforts that come with it, but she was excited to be a mom.

While pregnant with me, mommy hoped as a mother that she could do what's best for me even when it's hard. She hoped to put her responsibility as a mother before being a friend to me. She hopes that I will learn to be independent, to problem solve, that I'll have a can do attitude, and be hardworking. In addition, she hopes I will be intelligent, honest, and have a great sense of humor. She also hopes that I inherit daddy's ability to spell, his skinny genes, and her good teeth. Likewise, she hopes that I don't inherit daddy's stomach issues, both of their bad skin, both of their bad eyes, the Kofoed spelling curse, or the Kofoed sense of direction. The only two things that she plans to do different than her parents are that she will consistently enforce consequences and limit the amount of pets in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment