I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Friday, November 20, 2009

January 2008








It's a new year, but oddly enough it's started out a lot like last year with yet another tooth. There's some new stuff too though, uncle Clancy’s been teaching me to “beet box”. I've started to sway like I'm dancing. I'm walking really well now without going between Objects, and have really picked up speed, hey I've got places to go. I've been smiling with a really cheesy smile as big as I can get it when mommy take her picture, I guess I'm just a ham, at least that what they tell me.

I figure something new out every day. Today, we were in the car and the radio was a little loud, so I put my fingers in my ears and pulled them out over and over. This makes the sound louder and quieter, amazing. Then after much observation I figured out that you point the remote at the TV and push buttons. In practicing this I accidentally set a bunch of shows to record. I'm starting to figure out how to put lids on things. I've also started taking a comb and running it over my hair like mommy does when she comb it. Phones, they have all these buttons on them, and they light up when I push them, what fun! I've also figured out how the click the end of a pen, I've been doing some great works of art with pens. I like to take things or rather push thing onto the floor, but I also like to put thing up on other things, so it all comes out in the wash.

Ok, so mommy pushes my shoes to my feet and magically they're on, but when I push me shoes to my feet nothing, there must be some trick to it I don't know yet. One morning I tried to put my shoe on, it wasn’t working so I bend over and moved the shoe, then she tried again, no luck though. The mystery of putting on my shoes continues to elude me. A couple of days later I was trying to put on uncle Clancy's girlfriend's shoes, that was much more easy than putting on my own shoes, something about the size for some reason seems to make a difference. Speaking of uncle Clancy's girlfriend, she has a little Chihuahua that has the softest ears, and I love to rub them.

While we were staying with grandma and grandpa in Idaho, I woke up in the middle of the night and they put me in their bed. Later I woke up again and started crying and crazy grandpa tried to feed me the phone instead of my bottle, silly guy. I liked it when grandpa would toss me onto the bed or couch, that is great fun! She was really funny with a laser pointer, she kept trying to grab the light and put it in her mouth and play with it. I liked to rub the inside of grandma's coat because it was so soft. Mommy took me into the nursery at church and the kids were being really loud, so I started to be loud with them, if you can't beat them, join them.

One day mommy came into the living room and I was on the floor on my stomach kicking my hands and arms like I was throwing a tantrum except I was happy, mommy found this very amusing.

I can't believe it, but my first birthday is coming up. Mommy and grandma Connie went clothes shopping for my birthday and I was walking around the wracks looking at the clothes just like they were. Grandma thought it was really funny how I was mimicking them.

Grandma has some extended family over for dinner I there was this character there they called Troy. I'm not too sure about him, but I kept an eye on him and made a few funny faces at him, and pointed at him and had a few things I let him know. Mom called it jabbering, but I knew exactly what I was trying to tell him.

Before we flew home we celebrated my first birthday with mom's family. On that same day, I had another tooth come in. Uncle Clancy's girlfriend made me the cutest cake! The colors match my bedroom. I got a bunch of clothes and grandpa gave me another $100!

We finally flew home, we had so much fun with grandma Connie and grandpa Bob. It's nice to be home though too. When we got home daddy baked my birthday cake with mommy's instruction. The next day mommy decorated the cake for my birthday party with daddy's family. Grandma Jolene, grandpa Cal, and aunt Jenny were there with her whole family. I got a dress from Jenny and her family, and toys and clothes from grandma and grandpa.

I woke up crying and cried for about an hour. I did not feel good and mommy could find anything to help me feel better. Eventually I did start to feel better though, mommy was very relieved. On the upside, even though I didn’t feel good I was still trying to play peek-a-boo. Later I was a bit mystified be the pen lid, I kept trying to get the lid back, but I just couldn’t, I did manage to mark up the two fingers I was holding the lid with though. Then I had a travel sized tooth paste and used the lid end to tickle my own hand, it was really nice. I also figured out how to open the drawer to mommy's night stand, this is going to be fun!

Mommy and I spent the day in bed because we both have a cold, yuk :(.

Lately when I finish taking a drink I make a sound like Ah, those sippys are just so refreshing.

I had my first experience with Chucky Cheese, I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that just yet. Some of those rides were just a little bit scary, I did like the merry-go-round though. It was fun to see daddy's family there. After that we went to the movies, I just ran around the theatre though, so that was fun for me. Mommy put her finger to her mouth and said shhh, so I put my hands over my mouth, and that seemed to help my noise factor.

Mommy was reading a book today, and I was just content walking around the living room. I was falling on the couch pillows that were on the ground on purpose, that was quite a bit of fun. Then I was carrying one of them around. I got a bottle nipple out of the cupboard and was sucking on it. So I kept myself pretty well entertained while mommy read. Then when mommy was feeding me dinner I was copying everything mommy did. Mommy stuck her lips out, so I stuck my lips out, she shook her head, I shook my head, she stuck her tongue out and I stuck my tongue out. I am starting to see what older kids see in the mimic game. Later I was opening and closing the gate in the kitchen, who knew that could be so much fun? Speaking of mimicking, I have been carrying things around lately on my arm like mommy does, with a purse, diaper bag, or anything with a strap. Arms are rather handy little hooks for hanging things on. Mommy was reading me my learning book and I wasn’t very interested as usual, but then I started pointing at things and jabbering and then making mommy point at them, I was copying what mommy does when she reads it to me :).

Mom thinks it's pretty funny that when I start walking as fast as I can I make a sound like I'm panting. I guess it's also pretty funny when I bounce up and down on the balls of my feet and breathing really fast when I either want something they are eating or want mom to pick me up. Mommy was gone for a little while during the day and while she was gone, I threw up and slept a lot of the time.

I went to my one year doctor appointment, I lost three pounds and gained one inch since my last appointment. The doctor said that I'm right on schedule developmentally. Mommy did a really silly thing though, she went into the wrong building for my appointment and when they told her that it was in the next building over she realized that she also filled out the paperwork to get my records transferred in that same wrong office. Man did she feel stupid, I'll cut her a little slack though, the buildings are identical.

It's finally happened, mommy has wiped my nose enough that I figured out how to do it all by myself. I've been taking the Kleenexes and wiping my nose with them. I even took one and put it in the garbage afterwards :).

While we were at church in primary something really funny happened. Mommy's Sunday school lesson was on talking to Heavenly Father through prayer, so she asked the kids how they talk to Heavenly Father. They didn’t answer, so she said, “Do you pick up the phone and call him?” They all said yes, and she said no you don’t, but they said yes you do. So she asked what his phone number was, and one girl thought for a second and said, Heavenly Father. So she said, “1-800-HEAVENLY FATHER.” and they smiled and said yes.

While mommy was talking her grandma and grandpa I kissed the end table twice, she thought it was pretty cute.

The perfect end to a perfect month, I had yet another tooth come in. When is this ever going to end?

No comments:

Post a Comment