I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Friday, November 20, 2009

December 2007







It was St Nicholas Day today. What fun! It's a tradition that grandma Connie started when my mom was a kid. The Saturday closest to the 6th of December is deemed St. Nicks Day. That is the day when Santa Clause comes. Then on Christmas we exchange presents from each other. This way the fun of Santa Clause and other fun Christmas things are separated from the true meaning of Christmas and the reason we celebrate it, and that it to remember the birth of our Savior. I got some books and an ornament that is inscribed for my first Christmas.

Mommy was cleaning the kitchen while I saw in my highchair with a snack. I decided to be a little dare devil and mommy came around the corner to get me out of my highchair, I was on my hands and knees on the highchair tray. Mommy says that she got really lucky that I didn’t fall off, and has figured out that highchair straps have a purpose after all and will be sure to use them from now on.

I have decided that it is my job, no my duty to entertain mommy. So when she gave me a taffy and it was almost all gone I stuck it in my hair. Last week I was trying to pull the lights off the Christmas tree and when mommy told he no, I stuck my lips out at her like a monkey. Mommy was holding me while she exercised, I was eating a cracker and feel asleep and the cracker was just sitting on my face. We went to the grocery store, while we were there I purposely dropped something out of the cart like I like to do and said "Uhoh." Mommy said that it's not uhoh, if it was on purpose, I still say it was uhoh though. Then while I was eating breakfast, I dropped daddy's spoon on the floor and said "Uhoh." When mommy was feeding me lunch, I took the paper towel and rubbed it on my highchair tray like mommy does when she wipes it off.

Ok, some odds and ends. I kept mommy up all night one night because I was sick. I got another tooth in. I have started to say baba. Daddy got in a car accident and we took him to the hospital to make sure he was ok, just a little whiplash. I am now rubbing/petting the animals instead of “patting” them like she used to. I liked to go over to the computer and press the keys and play with the mouse. I have really started to get off stuff well by turning backwards and sliding off.

We went over to grandma and grandpa Jones to celebrate Christmas with them before we leave town for Christmas and I got a lot of toys and clothes, mommy spent the next day putting all of my toys together. I also got a new dresser form mommy and daddy. Mommy says that it was I so so so cute when she was putting it together. She had it mostly put together and I crawled inside with the small green screwdriver it came with and was tinking it around like I was helping her put it together.

We flew to Idaho to spend Christmas with mommy's family. Our flight had a three hour delay. While we were waiting, mommy noticed that I had another tooth come in and that it looked like it had about two weeks growth.

I got lots more good stuff for Christmas from mommy's family. It was especially sweet of uncle James to get me a jacket and hat. Later I'm really going to like the $100 I got from grandpa.

While we were visiting mommy's family, we went and visited mommy's cousins Travis and Candice. Grandpa Bob taught me to color and introduced me to playing the piano, and would sometimes take mommy's hand and hit the keys with it. Another thing he showed me was "the hand tickle", I liked it so much that now I will take your finger and run it over the palm of my hand. I used a pen to scribble all over my stomach one day. In church, I wasn’t shy, I just went to everyone. I gave grandpa my first kiss while we were in a store and he was buying me some educational toys. Now I give lots of kisses. I got to eat lots of different foods with grandpa and it was really hard to keep my clothes clean. When grandma was kissing me and then would stop I would lean into grandma’s lips for more kisses. Grandma bought me a really soft blanket I really love. Daddy flew back early to take care of stuff for his car accident. Since daddy went home early, mommy and I decided to stay longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment