I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Friday, November 20, 2009

October 2007





Daddy got offered a new job for more money! And in the nick of time too, just a few days later, mommy's work told her that it was working out because the other employees didn’t like that they couldn’t bring their babies to work and I could. So she is just going to stay home with me now!!!

We got a call that daddy's grandpa passed away. So we went to the hospital to be with the family. He has been really sick for a long time now. Mommy and daddy made a video slide show for the funeral.

I'm nine months old now, and I recently added some new tricks to my repertoire. I started clicking my tongue and I will even do it back to you if you do it to me :). I started making more sounds like dewdewdew, dowdowdow, nananana, and nonononono. I've figured out how to get up the first step of Molly’s step stool to get on the couch. I have started to put my lips out like a chimpanzee does, monkey are always good entertainment. I've taken to tipping the dogs water over, and I'm not sure why, but mommy does not like it when I do. I tipped over the bowl when she was installing the safety gate for me. I like to slap my hands on things including myself, it makes such a fun sound. I also like to scratch things, this too has a very pleasant sounds. At my nine month doctor appointment, I measured 27 ½ inches and am 20 pounds and 2 ounces. I'm 80% in weight and 60% in height.

I had kind of a fun day today, it was at least entertaining. I ripped up my paper towel at lunch and took off my bib with a little monster roar, to show mommy my power and just what I'm capable of. Then I was putting Milo’s bone to his mouth and taking it away over and over, it just never got old for me :).

Ok, it's funny story. Mommy went to visit a friend today and on her way out a moth flew down her shirt. Hahaha :)! It kind of gave mommy a flashback to the first time she met our neighbor and a fly flew down her shirt. What is it with these bug and flying down mommy's shirt? Maybe it's like the old adage, like a moth to a flame, in which case I think mommy needs to get a tan. Next funny storey, I was at the foot of mommy and daddy's bed holding onto the foot board, Milo was standing by me, and for some reason I laughed hysterically at that. Milo wasn’t even doing anything, he was just by me and I just kept laughing. I can't explain it, it was just one of those things.

I had a bath today and it was a blast, I was splish splashin’ all over! I was on my tummy, on my knees, I stood up, and splashed all around.

Cousin Brinley had her baby blessing that we went to. There was a lot of family there, it was really nice :).

Another sick day today, ugh. I woke up with a 100 degree temperature. After mommy put me to bed my temperature went up to 102. Mommy called the doctor on call and he said to bring me in the next day if it was still high and continue giving me the fever reducer mommy's been giving me. Then daddy went to the store to get me some more medicine to give me in between her other medicine like the doctor suggested. The next day I still had a fever, so daddy stayed home from work. I still had a little fever the next morning, but not for the rest of the day, so that's good.

I recently started swinging or bouncing my leg when mommy is holding me, I find this very enjoyable. Something about it just brings peace to my soul! Ok maybe not, but I like it. I also started putting my hands behind my head like people do when they have their feet up on a desk.

When mommy gave me a bath tonight I looked into the drain for when the tub gets to full and started making one of my sounds. I don't know what that black hole is, but I intend to get to the bottom of it.

It's my first Halloween! And I am the cutest pink butterfly the world has ever known if I do say so myself :). We spent the evening with daddy's family and then stopped by uncle Chris’s on our way home so mommy and daddy could show off how cute I am in my costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment