I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Friday, November 20, 2009

January 2007




It's getting close to my arrival. Mommy went and exchanged some things at Babies R Us. While she was at the store a nice old lady got me a cart and a nice old man in line behind me took all the stuff out of my cart for me.

It was kind of a disappointment for mommy that nothing changed at her most recent doctor appointment, but not to worry, I am coming, and when I do it probably won't seem like it took so long to get me here. In the mean time mom is keeping busy and has started my scrapbook.

Ok, mommy has had all of the tossing and turning at night, and discomfort she can take. We had a doctor appointment today and scheduled an induction for tomorrow. When we got home from the appointment mommy packed and got ready for tomorrow. Cousin Travis called to see how mommy is doing, good timing on his part :).

We went to the hospital this morning and started the induction process. Daddy's parents and sister came and visited. After mommy had been in labor for a while and the contractions weren’t progressing the doctor was getting ready to send us home. Instead she decided to break mommy's water and had a hard time breaking it. When she did there was meconium, cuz I just couldn't hold it any more, nine months is a long time and I had to go. It was really lucky that we ended up getting induced and that we didn’t wait. Grandpa Bob, uncle Clancy, and Cyndi came to the hospital in the early evening. They were nice enough to brink daddy dinner, and they seem to be having a good time eating and laughing at Everybody Loves Raymond. However, mommy is in labor, and hasn't had anything to eat or drink since last night, so she is wondering what is wrong with the laughing eating people. She's hungry too and doesn't find anything funny at the moment. Mommy had to wait a long time to get an epidural and when she finally did she cried quite a bit and it never quit numbed her on the left side completely. The contractions got worse after that but they just aren't helping mommy dilate like they should. I'll let you in on a little secret, I like it in here and I don't want to come out, it's comfy in here. But mommy started throwing up and got some kind of infection that was making her shiver like crazy. After eighteen hours of labor and no dilation past a six in hours I've kind of had my fill of this as well, so the doctor decided to do a C-section. Mommy cried, wiped her tears, and said ok, let's get this over with. Grandpa Bob gave me and mommy a blessing that we would be ok.

It's Saturday, January 13, 2007 and I am here!!! At 2:00 am Sadie Laree Jones was born, 8 pounds 2 ounces, nineteen inches long. The first thing the doctor said is, “You have a girl.” Then she said, “She’s chunky.” Daddy went with me to get weighed and checked over. After they finished putting mommy back together, she threw up some more. Daddy went to see how mommy was doing and missed my first bath because the nurse didn’t tell him he had to go right away. After my bath was done they noticed that I had a little bit of a fever and took me to run some tests. So daddy went back to be with mommy, later the doctor from the NICU came in because I got worse and was having problems breathing. All of the tests came back negative and they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me, but eventually decided I have an infection because I started making white blood cells to fight the infection. Mommy didn't get to see me until much later in the day other than the couple of seconds she saw me after I was born. Mommy says that I look exactly like daddy except with her chin. A few people commented that I have daddy’s forehead, meaning that I have his hair line. Mom says that I even have his toes and his yawn. Mommy recounted that the first time she saw me she was relieved that I'm cute :). She said that I'm just beautiful and that she never imagined feeling this kind of love for someone and that she is so grateful to get to be my mom.

It was a few days before mommy and daddy got to hold me, they had to wait until I was taken off oxygen. Mommy and daddy were so worried about me, they weren't sure in the beginning if I was going to be ok. I had good people taking care of me that knew just what to do. Lots of visitors came, but only a small handful of people were allowed to see since I had to be in the NICU for a week. Mommy and daddy's family came faithfully everyday to see me, I'm a lucky girl to have to many people that love me!

Mommy checked out of the hospital a day before I did. I finally got to go home January 17. On our way home we stopped at grandma and grandpa Jones' and grandpa Cal made us dinner. Mommy and daddy were so happy to be able to take me home, if they only knew what I had in store for them, lol. Our fist night home together was a rough one, or so says mom who was up with me all night and finally fell asleep in the rocking chair with me. The next night went better and so on until we got our routine worked out. My first week home grandma Connie stayed with us and took care of mommy and daddy while they took care of me. What a good woman! I was also introduced to our four dogs, four dogs, is that crazy or is it just me? Milo is so cute with me, when I cry he tries to lick me, he follows mommy around when she has me, and he also tries to snuggle with me if I'm on mommy and daddy's bed. Molly doesn’t seem to care, Sandy seems a little depressed, and Maggie’s well she is in between Molly and Milo.

I had my first sponge bath at home and let me tell you, it was cold, and I did not like it. Then my umbilical cord fell off and I got my first real bath, that wasn’t any better. Mommy eventually figured out that the water was to cold, once she worked that out, bath time has been one of my favorite things to do.

Mommy and I are starting to get the nursing thing down. Who would have thought that eating could be so much work to get the hang of?

Ok, so I had my first diaper blowout today and pooped on daddy, if figure it's good for him though. Later I pooped on mom while she was changing me, hey, it comes with the territory. The antibiotics they had me on in the hospital made my bottom really soar, so I really don’t like my diaper changed at all. Mommy and daddy use a wet paper towel on my instead of wipes and that help, but it still hurts. I have also been getting these crazy things they have been calling hiccups, I really don't like those either.

Wow, I've already been in this crazy world for two weeks. It's hard to believe, but it's time for my two week check up. A lot has happened in two weeks, I've grown almost two inches and lost a little weight. Mommy has to take me in next week to see if I gain any weight. The doctor said that he would like me to gain a few ounces by then.

It was bath day today and I pooped in the water, when you gotta go you gotta go. I didn't think it was necessary, but mommy cleaned out the tub and started all over. She keeps telling me that pooping and peeing in the bath is no way to get clean, I don't know what she is talking about.

We had more visitors, mommy wrote lots more thank you notes, grandpa Bob and uncle Clancy finished mommy and daddy's basement, and the dogs chewed up the valve to mommy's breast pump, what a week! Mommy was pretty upset about the valve, but then just went to the store and bought a new pump, it seems that she thinks it's some kind of essential like air and food. I think the dogs are just testing her patients to prepare her for my teen years, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment