I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Friday, November 20, 2009

February 2007





I had my follow up appointment to make sure I've gained weight and everything was good, so I don’t have to go back to the doctor until my two month appointment!

It's February 10, mommy had grandma Connie put some flowers on aunt Laree's grave for her. Mommy notes that: I can’t believe it’s already been a year since the accident. It still doesn’t feel real to me and I miss her so much. I miss all the things we used to do together and all the things we’ll never do. I miss her smile, her laugh, hearing her voice on the other end of the line, and even her bossing me around. Though I thought I did, I didn't know what pain was until I lost her.

I'm four weeks old and mommy can hardly believe it. She says that being a mom is one of if not the best experience of her life. She says that motherhood is not something that can be described, it can’t be put into words. The only way to know how it makes you feel and how you feel about your baby is to become a mom. She love everything that I do, every sound I makes, every hand movement, and every facial expression. If she is not with me she is missing me, even if I'm just in the next room or someone else is holding me. She could just watch me sleep all day. Mom says that I have been such a good baby. I've been sleeping pretty good at night. I cry when I'm hungry, have gas (you know that you want to too), have the hiccups, and when I take a bath. I didn’t spit up very much at all until last Wednesday, now I spits up every time mommy feeds me. I've been teaching mommy some valuable lessons, for example, a few days ago when mommy was changing me, she made the mistake of looking away and I peed on her hand, lol. Once after a feeding I shot milk out my nose, that was not pleasant. I often sleep with her mouth open prefers to sleep on my stomach, I know it's a no no, but it's so comfortable.

At this point, I'm pretty sure that Milo is in love with me, mommy constantly has to get after him for licking me. He also guards me while I sleep and sleeps under my cradle. He follows me in to my room every time mommy changes me. He even tries to snuggle with me. One night while I was getting ready for bed she started to cry and Milo came in looking at me like, “Are you going to get that?” Sandy was pretty depressed the first week or two after we brought her home, but now she doesn’t seem to care. Maggie licks her sometimes, but mostly doesn’t pay much attention to her. Molly hasn’t seemed to care one way or another. One day when Jeremy was changing her she pulled her own hair and started screaming.

Daddy gave me a bath for the first time today, I'm sure he'll get the hang of it with more practice.

I slept for seven hours straight last night, mommy didn't even know what to do with herself! Mommy took me to daddy’s work so that he could show me off. Mom fed me at his office and then changed me, but didn’t get the diaper on her very good because I peed in her lap, one for parenting lesson to add to the list.

Mommy is wondering when she is going to get her mind back to normal after the pregnancy. Mommy and daddy went to take Maggie to the vets, it's a 45 minute drive, and when we were almost there mommy realized that we forgot to bringer Maggie with us, lol.

I've been a little fussy lately so mommy decided to feed me formula for the day to see if it would make a difference, no luck though.

Today I was doing a little arm aerobics, getting ready for bigger things other than just being held and laying around and Maggie thought that I was trying to play with her and started trying to get my arm, she's so cute.

Ok, so I'm not sure how long the learning curve of being a new parent lasts, but here's yet another one for the books. Mommy gave me a bath and when we were done, she wrapped me up in a towel like usual, everything was going fine. It's what happened next that makes me ask myself, what was she thinking. On our way to get me dressed mommy decided it would be a great idea to check her email real quick and whilst dong so I peed in her lap. Hay, when nature calls, you have to answer. She noted to herself for future reference to always go straight to the diaper after a bath. On the other hand, daddy was so sweet today to send mommy flowers! Good one daddy :).

Will these doctor appointments ever end? Always with the measuring, poking, prodding, and measuring me in the nude, can't a girl have some privacy? I had my six week appointment, daddy met us there. I'm up to 8.12 ½ ounces and is 21 ¼ inches long. I'm in the 50% for my weight and 75% for my height. Everything is right on track and I'm, as they say, healthy as a horse.

I slept through the night, mom really liked it, but she shouldn't get to comfortable ;). Mom seams so delighted in everything I do that I decided to throw her a bone and am now smiling. Since the entrance of my smile into the equation, mom has decided that being a mom is the BEST THING EVER, as she puts it! I can also hold my head up and my belly button is and now an inny. There's just good news all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment