I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Friday, November 20, 2009

March 2007






Well I had a rude awakening this morning. Our smoke alarms all went off at 4:30 am. They kept going off until daddy replaced the battery in the basement smoke alarm. Note to sell, when the smoke alarm first starts beeping infrequently and quietly, that is the time to replace the battery.

It's been busy. Let's see, Mommy took me to her office today to show me off before she goes back to work, we had a good time. Aunt Jenny and uncle John found out that they are having a girl!!! Mommy made me a feeding/sleeping schedule and has got me eating and sleeping accordingly so. She seems to think it's going pretty well, and it is if I do say so myself, I only get up once at night now. I turned two months old so now I'm staying awake longer. When I'm awake I am constantly moving arms and legs, hey I've got to work of this baby fat somehow. All this movement has proven to be a bit of a hazard to innocent bystanders though, mommy was getting my pajamas on, Molly was sniffing me, and I accidentally punched her in the face so she just walked away. Sometimes I get to really cranking my right arm, mom says it looks like I'm doing some kinds of crazy hillbilly dance :).

Those pesky hiccups are still bothering me, but not as much as they used to. I have also discovered the awesomeness that is my tongue, I like to lick things. Every chance I get, I try to get as many fingers as I can into my mouth or I just the side of her hand. Mommy being the kill joy that she is doesn't allow finger or thumb sucking. She says that she doesn't want me to get into any habits that she will have to break later. She ties to get me to use a pacifier, but I'm just not interested in it. And my eyelashes have grown longer and darker, this should be a very nice asset for any future fluttering of my eyelashes.

Mommy took me on my first walk today, although I have to say that it wasn't very eventful since I can't really see that far yet. I had my two month doctor appointment and shots, I really don't them, but what can ya do. Although, mommy was surprised how little I cried when I got my shots, the crying only lasted for a few seconds. I'm now 23 inches and 10.09 pounds.

That Maggie us up to no good again, mommy had to wash the bedding and shampoo their bed again because Maggie peed on it. What is that girls deal?

I have discovered my voice box! Mom says that I make noises like I've got something to say. I've got news for her, I do have something to say and this is just a taste of what is to come :).

Thank heavens mommy comes prepared. We were at daddy's aunt's house and I had shall we a say a little diaper blowout. Just wait, there is more, while mommy was changing me, I pooped more and peed. It was a big mess and the pee got in my hair, yuk! It’s a good thing that mom had a travel size baby shampoo and an extra outfit in the diaper bag.

Mommy had her first day back at work! I get to go with mommy to work, so it's lots of fun!

Sandy has been taking notes from Maggie. Mommy was playing with me and I was moving my arms really fast, so Sandy thought that we were trying to play with her and started trying to get my arms. What a Silly girl :).

When mommy changed me this morning she picked me up after she was done and I had the hand sanitizer bottle between my feet. I think monkeys have the right idea, feet are useful for way more things than just walking :). Mom says that I snort when I'm hungry, and that it’s so funny, I think I'm going to have to deny that accusation :). I do have to admit, that she is right about the way I put my hands all over my face when I eat and sometimes even rub my head, she's got me there. I also like to put my arms straight up and do a big stretch when I wake up in the morning. I follow that move up by opening just one eye to take a little peek and then close it, you know survey the situation before I commit to completely waking up. Mommy says that I'm a sweet and happy baby, and that I'm very placid and snuggly. My favorite way to be held is against the chest with my head on your shoulder. And I love to be bounced, that is some fun stuff!

Grandpa Bob called mommy today to let her know that her Grandpa Kofoed passed away from a stroke. She says that he was a great man and a wonderful grandpa. She also said that she was privileged to know such a good man and that she will really miss him.

At church today, a lady tapped mommy on the shoulder and told her that she has a beautiful baby. She also had another lady at church tell her that I should be a baby GAP model!

I'm not sure what it is about his particular body suit, but every time mommy puts it on my I have a massive diaper blowout, every time without fail.

I went to my first Jazz game with mommy, daddy, and daddy's family. The tickets were daddy's birthday gift from his parents. I don't see what all the fuss is about, mostly it was just kind of loud. When we got home, much to mommy dismay, one of the dogs pooped in her bed!

Seriously, mommy wants to know when she is going to get her mind back to normal after the pregnancy? This time she forgot to get her debit card back after getting some dinner at a drive through. She didn't ever know it was gone until she went to buy something else a few days later and had to play detective to remember the last place she used it.

Wow, I got my first cold! Can I say this sucks! The worst part about it is that awful thing they call a nasal aspirator, I curse the inventor of that torture mechanism.

No comments:

Post a Comment