I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

October 2009





When went to grammy's today and when we got there I went into grammy's room and asked her, "What you been doing today?" Grammy has a small box that has ballerina slippers on it and some jewelry that I like to play with and says that I have treasures in it.

I had such a busy day today. Grammy went with us to MDFF. Then we went to the library. After that we went to the store and got a treat. We stopped by where dad was to see what he was working on. Then we went to the park for a little while. After dinner we went and stayed the night at uncle Clancy's so that we wouldn't have to get up to early to go to the airport in the morning. Grammy called, I answered it and said, "Hello sunshine."

Mommy and I flew to Utah this morning so that I can spend the weekend with daddy. When mommy picked me up to go to the air port and go home, I cried all of the way to the air port. Mommy asked me if I need a few different things to see if she could get me to stop crying and I said, "I just want to cry". She repeated that back to me in the form of a question and I said, "Yeah." As soon as we got to the airport I was happy and sang Give Said the Little Stream almost the whole time we waited for the plane and the flight home. When we were walking through the airport and we got to a part of the floor that slopped down I would get on the ground and say I was going to go down it like a snake on my belly, but just crawled or scooted on my bottom. Uncle Clancy picked us up at the airport and then we got something to eat.

Mommy took me to the doctors because she still thinks I have a bladder infection. I wouldn't give them a urine sample, so they sent me home with what we need to get a sample and a prescription for if I need it. Today I dropped something and said, "Oopsy daisy."

Mom finally got a urine sample out of me and took it into the doctor's office. Sure enough I have a bladder infection. Mommy is mad as a hornet that they didn't catch it the first time she took me in. It’s really upsetting that she took me in a month ago because she thought I had a bladder infection, if they had been competent at the time and done their jobs I wouldn't have had to suffer from this more than a month and have it get a lot worse that it had to. It's also frustrating, that she knew I had one, but couldn't do anything about it without the doctor's say so, her medical welfare is in their hands, and she's powerless.

I got in bed with mom last night and brought my basket of sandbox toys Baba got me. When I woke up this morning the first thing I said was that I wanted to play in the sandbox Baba made me. Then I said my morning prayers and my whole prayer was about the sandbox toys.

This morning, I was eating some fish crackers at the table, then I set them in front of my DVD player's screen. Mommy suggested that I set them off to the side and I said, "That's a great idea."

Mom was scooping poop, and I was helping her find it and said, "I'm such a good helper." Then one of the neighbor girls and I were helping mommy put down some grass patch and I kept saying, "Here's a perfect spot" and then I would put some there. Then when the girl had to go home, I said, "Thank you for helping Lexie." I found some metal steaks in the garage and was pretending like I was a pirate and it was my hook and saying, "Rrrr maty." Mommy was trying to get the zipper to my jacket zipped up and I said, "Suck it in" like she says when she's zipping up my pants. We were having dessert and I kept saying, "This is delicious."

When I said my prayers this morning I prayed for the scratch on mommy's arm and then afterwards said that she needed a band aid on it. Then I was lying in bed with mommy singing Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam.

I woke up in the middle of the night screaming blooding murder. When mommy ran into my room and picked me up, I said that there was a spider in my bed. I helped mommy do yard work today by using a small hand shovel and putting rocks where mommy was shoveling them with the regular shovel.

It was MDFF, we also went to the park and out to eat. After that we went over to mom's cousin Lisa's and watched a movie.

Grandpa was over helping with mom's fence project and while I was roaming the backyard today, I stepped on some dog poop. Mommy pointed it out to me and I then apologized to the poop for stepping in it. Then I was talking about birthday parties, Baba asked if "The Hook Brothers" (his two pointer fingers he curves into a hook and tickles her with) were invited to her birthday party. I sounded really excited and said, "That's a great idea!" When dad was leaving I thanked him for helping with the yard.

Mommy and I painted pumpkins for Halloween. She calls hers a werewolf and I call mine abstract purple glob.

I haven't slept very well the last couple of nights and today mommy discovered the reason why, I'm coming down with a cold.

While we were at Baba's I wanted him to give me a ride in a basket and it was like the Three Bears. The first basket was too small the next basket was too big and the finally I got the last basket and said, "This one is perfect for me." I got a Halloween treat bag and it had a small box of dots in it that I insisted were for uncle Clancy.

Mommy gave Maggie a hair cut today and I told mommy, "You scratched Maggie all over." because with her hair cut short it's kind of prickly. Grammy was watching me and I saw a jet in the sky and said, "The plane is making clouds."

I have been saying, "That wasn't supposed to happen" from Wow Wow Wubbzy. I took a bunch of rubber bands out of mommy's vanity and filled up one of her shoes with them, then I took them downstairs in the shoe to play with them. While mommy was vacuuming, she asked me to pick up my toys downstairs so that she could vacuum down there. I cheerfully and obediently went down stairs and picked up all of my toys and put them up on the chairs and coffee tables :). Not exactly what mom had in mind, but it did accomplish what she wanted it to. I also said today, "Uncle Clancy's the best."

Daddy came and visited me over the weekend. Baba came over and redid the step in the front of our house, we tried and get my hand print in it, but it was still too wet.

We went over to grandma Kofoed's because it's her birthday. Grammy and Baba were watching me, when mom got home I was still up way past my bed time. Grammy claimed that I wouldn't go to bed, but mommy had me to bed in minutes.

When mommy was making herself breakfast, I said that I was going to make her breakfast and wanted the candy cane apron on. She put it on me, I pulled my chair over to the microwave, and she let me wisk her cream of wheat. Then I had my umbrella and said, "Watch this." And then opened the umbrella, a dazzling trick, I know :).

Today I said to mom, "Knock knock, who's there?" Then when we were trying to pick out a show for me to watch mom would pull one out and I would say, "That's too wacky for me."

Mom put my toilet seat in the wash yesterday to soak in bleach, so this morning when she put it back on for me I said, "You washed my seat, thank you very much." and gave her a big hug. Then I handed her two washers and said, "Buried treasure" like in Peter Pan. I wanted to watch Madagascar which I call "Move it Move it" because of the song. While I was watching it the scene where the lion bites the zebra was on and I stuck out my bottom and said, "Bit my butt." like the lemur king was saying. When we painted pumpkins, mommy was making the eyes, I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was making scary eyes. Ever since then I've been saying "Scary eyes" like it's funny.

I was drinking some milk and kept saying, "This is tasty." I also wanted mom to paint my toenails, so she did. Then I put my hands forward, palms down, with the fingers curved and said, but what about these. So she painted my fingernails also.

I got in bed with mommy last night. When I woke up this morning I said that I wanted to snuggle with mommy all day and she said that it sounded good to her. Then I said I love her and she said she loves me. Then I said I love her lots and lots and she told me the same thing and that I'm the best thing ever. When mommy was getting ready, she asked me what she should wear. I said, Hmm, mom opened the closet, I pulled out a shirt and said, how about this one. She pulled out another shirt and said, how about this one, and I said, "Yes, it's pink." Then I was trying to get the dogs off the bed, mom called them so they would get down, and then I said I was going to make mommy's bed for her, cause I'm so helpful these days :).

Mommy got me ready for Halloween. Grammy and Baba came with us to Trunk-or-Treat, but we missed it. So then we went around to some houses, but no very many people were home. Every time we went to a house where no one was home, mom would say, well we tried. So I started to say that to. This will be known has the Halloween that we tried to trick or treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment