I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

November 2009










I had a great time at Steak Conference today. I dropped a fruit snack, mommy was reaching to pick it up with one hand while the other was wrapped around me and she fell off her chair, lol. Grammy almost lost control laughing so hard. Just in case everyone around us didn't notice that mommy fell off her seat, I made sure I announced it. Grammy is so sweet, she was helping me with my baby doll, so I told grammy that she was an angel :). Grammy was also impressed that when I saw a Santa Claus and called it Christmas Claus, that I could remember that from the Christmas before.

As I'm sure you notice I've been getting in bed with mommy a lot lately, and she's not getting much sleep, but that's just par for the course. Well, I got in bed with her last night and when I woke up I noticed that mommy had a band aid on her thumb. I asked her what it was and she told me that she had an owey. I did what any good kid would do and kissed it for her. Kisses always help me when I get hurt. Later in the day I announced, for good measure, "Don't panic!"

I asked mommy where we were going today. She told me that we were going to see uncle Clancy and I said, "That's a great idea!" Later on in the day, I told mom that she was my best friend :). We stopped at a store on our way home and while mommy was trying to pick out a coat, I help her with great input such as, "beautiful," "what do you think," and "perfect."

I decide to give mommy a break and slept all night in my own bed. This morning I saw what looked like something delicious to eat, mom called it a Butterfinger. She opened it for me, I took one bit, spit it out, and said that it was too scratchy. That naughty Maggie got my banana, but I chased her outside, going out the dog door, and retrieved it. Mom told me she'd put the banana where Maggie couldn't get it, but I insisted on keeping it and said that I would keep an eye on the banana, and then said that I would keep an eye on Maggie.

This morning I said, "Wow, that's cool." We met uncle Clancy in Boise with grammy and baba and saw A Christmas Carol. I just a couple of times, I won't say that it scared me, but I will admit that it startled me.

At church today, I was drawing a picture and kept asking if mommy if grammy would love it. Then I told mommy that Santa Clause is keeping grandpa's toy till Christmas because that's what she told me when I kept asking about the toy tractor she got baba for Christmas. And incase mommy forgot, I told her again that she was my best friend. I drove home from church with grammy and baba. When mom got to their house and I saw her, I said that I was so glad to see her :).

I'm not sure why, but one day mommy helped out a friend and watched a little girl a bit older than me and I had a great time. Then today she helped out another friend and watched her little boy that is younger than me and I was not having that at all.

I'm such a big helper, I helped mommy rake the leaves. Something new I've added to my routine is to say, "I think so."

I've got diarrhea :( and while mom was changing me I thought I would let her know a little something about what I was doing and said, "But I was just trying to help." After she changed me, I said, "This is the best day of my life." Mommy finds that statement very hard to believe.

When mom was getting me ready, I was standing on the counter, I patted her on the head and said, "You're my good boy." Mommy does it to Milo and I thought it was fitting for the moment.

While Grammy was watching me, I wrapped a rubber band around my toe and it started to turn purple. So what should I say, but "I love purple, purple is mommy's favorite color."

This morning when mom was getting ready to go, I asked her what the magic word was. She said please, and then in a dejected tone I said, "Alright". I was a little disappointed that she knew that magic word. I thought for sure I asked her a riddle I was sure she wouldn't be able to solve. Later I opened the door to my room and said to the dogs to get out and said, "That's unacceptable." Mommy says it to me when I'm being naughty so I thought I would take the phrase for a test run and I think it was a rather successful test run at that.

We flew to Utah to see daddy. I had so much fun, daddy took me to Disney on Ice and it was great! When we flew home and landed mommy said to me that she couldn't believe that I talked all the way there. The guy behind us started laughing and thought that was pretty funny.

Grammy watched me for me while, when mom came home and grammy was leaving I said to her, "Thank you for playing with me." To which grammy said, "It was my pleasure." I pick up on everything like a little sponge, soon after that we were in the kitchen and I said, "It was my pleasure Maggie."

Life is not fair, I just got over diarrhea and now I'm constipated. From one extreme to another, I find this highly unacceptable.

This morning while coming up the stairs I said to Maggie, "You'll never get it now" and "I'm going to put it in a safe place." Then I put my sucker that I was done with on the kitchen counter where the dogs couldn't get it and put a dish towel over it for an extra safety precaution. While we were at grammy's today baba accidentally knocked me over and stumbled over me. After that we were on the trampoline and I told him that he wasn't my friend anymore. Then on our way out, he asked if he was my friend again and I said, "No, not yet."

Mommy got really really really brave and is giving potty training another go. Because I'm such a good girl and I love mommy so much, I think this time I'll cooperate to the best of my ability.

I've been told it so many times, so I thought I would share with grammy that fact that "I have a cute bum."

While I was down stairs I told mommy, "I'm working on it". Then I was lining up the DVDs end to end on the floor and said "That was a lot of work." We were in the kitchen and I said, "Hmmm, that's funny" like you say when something is strange or unusual. Then we had MDFF and afterwards mommy took me to the library and to see the movie Planet 51. At the movies I kept asking if Clancy, grandma, and grandpa were going to the movies and wondering where they were. Before the movie started I said, "I don't do that tongue thing" and then made a snake sound and said, "Let's kick some honey bums" both from Mulan. I'm on a big Mulan kick right now. When we got home I said, "Calm down doggies." We had some time to kill before the movies, so we walked around the craft store. I found a box of dogs that you pain in the kids craft isle that I wanted. I was pretty upset that we left without it. Mom told me that if I wanted it we had to go home and get her money to buy it, I'm guessing she was hoping that by the time the movie was over and we got home I would forget about it. Before the movie started I talked to baba on the phone and told him about the doggie box. Then on our way home I said that when we got home to get the money for the doggie box, I would wait in the car while mom went in and got my quarters. At that point mom decided just to go and get it for me before we went home. The cashier asked me if I was going to put them in my room and I said that I was going to put them on the table and thanked her for the doggie box. I remembered that we painted the pumpkins on the table which is why I said I was going to put them on the table. I talked to uncle Clancy on my way home and told him about the doggie box. When we got home I painted them.

It snowed this morning and I was really excited! I said that I love the snow, that I wanted to make snowballs and a snow man, and had fun making tracks in the snow. During the opening song at church I was singing If You're Happy and You Know It.

Today I informed mommy that, "This will do the trick."

Wow, I can't believe it, we are on day four of no accidents for potty training! I am even going on my own and even dumping my potty into the toilet when I'm is done, mommy is ecstatic!!!!! There wasn't a single bribe that would work before, but now just about anything works, mommy's prayers have been answered :).

Mommy was re-arranging some of the supplies she has in food storage. The song Time Love and Tenderness by Michael Bolton came on and I really started dancing to it, I was shaking it like I've never shaken before, lol. Then mom went downstairs to get something and I said, "Where do you think you're going." After that mom was giving the dogs a bath and I kept saying, "Scrub a dub dub."

Uncle Clancy took mommy paragliding and I got to watch them fly. I missed the crash landing though, they landed where I couldn't see them from where I was. Well, mommy crash landed, but uncle Clancy managed to stay on his feet :).

While I was helping mommy get things ready for Thanksgiving, I kept saying that we were making things special for grandpa. I would ask mom if we were going to do something, if she said no, I would say, "Not quite yet." We had a sad end to a good potty accident free run and I had two accident's today. I almost made it a week, but I'm still doing really well on potty training.

I told mommy that her eyes were green, and then said, "Green like grass." I've also been saying when you ask me to do something, "Sure."

Mommy made a birthday cake today and when she got out the guide to roll the fondant on, I said it was a map and really really wanted it. When she was putting the dots on the cake I told her that I loved them. Today I also said, "I'm so excited." When mom was in the shower I changed the DVD all by myself. When it got dark outside I said, "It's dark, time for bed." I spent the night at grammy's as part of mommy's birthday present from grammy, to get some sleep.

Mommy and I put up the Christmas tree this morning and I had a lot of fun. The whole time I kept asking if it was time to put the star on the top. I put all the ornaments on the bottom two rows of branches and kept saying, "so everyone can see it" when I would put one on. Then we went to Grammy's and I helped grammy and baba decorate their tree too. I said, "It needs something extra special" and then went and got a paper clip and put it on the tree. Then when they were done decorating it I went and got a roll of wrapping paper and said, "To celebrate."

Baba let me take home a basket with a nativity scene in it which I slept with last night and when I went into mommy's room this morning I brought it with me. The first thing that I wanted to do this morning was turn on the Christmas tree lights. Later we were at the store and I saw a ring in a candy machine that I really wanted. Later baba took me back to the store to try and get it for me and kept trying until the machine jammed. I got a lot of rings, but not the one I wanted. So then he took me to another store and bought me a toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment