I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

July 2009



When mommy put a new outfit on me this morning and I said that grandpa got it for me and that he was so sweet :).

Mommy was working on her scrapbook this morning and I was cutting up some paper. When I was done, I said, "that was a lot of work". When I sees the moon out before it gets dark, I always asks what he moon is doing, and then say, "the moon waked up". We went to the store to get a few things, while we were waiting in line I got a dog toy, brought it over to mommy and said, "just in case". When we got home I was calling for mommy and called her Terrellee instead of mommy. To which she responded, it's mom to you young lady.

On our way home from boating with baba, I had a Chap Stick and part of the wrapper was coming off. I kept saying, "the Chap Stick is getting naked".

I went and saw Ice Age III, it was good, but I didn't sit still at all and even ran up to the front and roared at the dinosaur on the screen.

Mommy was making me toast this morning and I kept saying, "we have to be patient". Hmmm, I think mommy must say that to a bit too much, that or I really need to work on my patients.

I went to the doctors because I have been um…stopped up for a few days. While I was there I also got a blood sugar tested too because mommy has been concerned about how much fluids I've been drinking. It was a little high so I have to go in tomorrow and do a retest. The doctor gave us a list of medicines that would help me. We stopped at the store and got me what I need. It worked fairly fast and I finally went to the bathroom in the evening. I never thought that I would be so happy to poop. Grammy stopped by to see how I was doing and brought me a balloon, she is so thoughtful.

I went the doctors this morning to get my blood sugar retested and it was normal, so that's good. While mommy was working out today, I said, "Ladies and gentlemen!" While we were at Grammy's today, I wanted some ranch dressing and then wanted to taste the other dressings. When I tasted one of them, I said, "Yuck!" I think I'll just stick to ranch.

I went into mommy's room this morning and informed her that, "I was asleep and I woke up." I have started to say, "sparkly", us females are like little raccoons, we are attracted to shinny things, I'm pretty sure it's in our DNA. When mommy was putting the groceries away, I said, "It's good to see you!" Then she was upstairs and I called her downstairs to help me. When she got down there I was in the window seal holding a game and said, "I got a problem." Later on I made sure I let her know how I feel and told her, "You're the best."

This morning I was in mommy's bed and asked her how she slept, it seemed like the right thing to say at the time. Then I had my stuffed kitten and said that it looked like Molly and that Molly is with Jesus. Milo was sniffing a game piece to see if it was food, and mommy let him know that it wasn't. Then I kept saying to him, "that's not food Milo, it's a game". Someone got to tell the boy what's what.

It's aunt Reeree's 31st birthday today, so mommy and I took flowers to her. The whole family went out to eat. When we were ordering, the person taking our order asked me what was in my hand, meaning the stuffed lamb I was holding. I didn't understand what she meant and looked at the palm of my hand I wasn't holding the lamb with. Then mommy said no the other hand, so I moved the lamb into my other hand and looked at the palm of that hand. So mommy took my lamb and showed it to me and asked, what is this? Then I finally caught on and said, lamb. After that we went and visited Laree and released some birthday balloons for her. Mommy made cheese cake to celebrate her birthday with that we had afterwards.

The other day I was singing Rock-a-Bye-Baby to my baby doll, mommy thought it was pretty sweet. I also like to sing, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

I had the Cinderella game piece to Disney's Sorry and said that it was my favorite. The other day I was saying that a certain cereal was grandpa's favorite, I just know what he likes, so I thought I would share that bit of information. All of mommy's family went to the movies for family home evening. We saw the movie Earth and I was all over the place. Yeah, I was "that kid" at the movies. In my defense it was not animated and I just couldn't pay attention. We got ice cream afterwards!

Sadie kept telling me my phone was ringing, but it really wasn't she just thought it was, I had to show her that it wasn't. It was a little bit after her bedtime and she told me that she wanted to go to sleep.

I've learned that I have to protect my food from the dogs because they are like vultures just wait to swoop down and eat my food the first chance they get. So to keep my banana safe, I put it in the seat of my car.

Daddy came to visit me over the weekend.

I have started saying, "Come here, I want to show you something."

Mommy was playing in my pool with me and said that mommy was Cinderella and I was the Prince, I've learned to pretend. I was riding the rocking horse baba got me at the neighbor's yard sale and kpet saying, "Ride 'em cowboy!" Then when mommy was trying to get me to bed and put my blanket on me, I said, "Snug as a bug."

I wanted mom to wear my cowboy hat, so she put it on and asked me how she looked and I said, "You look beautiful." Later in the day we went bowling for family home evening.

We were out in the back yard with the dogs and for some reason she said, "Sorry that's the breaks Milo." Then Sadie and I went to Weiser's Classic Candies. When I pulled up, she said, "I'm getting chocolate? And you're getting ice cream?" That is what we usually do when we go there so apparently she is on to our routine. Then while she was eating her velvet mints, she held it up to the rail that is painted a dark brown and said that her chocolate matched the bars. When we were at home, I was sitting in the spot she usually sits in and she said she wanted to sit in her spot.

Grammy watched me while mommy did her visiting teaching. When grammy went to bring me home I said, "I had fun today." Mommy was getting me ready for bed and I was whining for something. Mom asked me, "how do was ask for something", and I said, "please". Then she said, "and with a happy face", and I said, "Where did my happy face go?"

Mom went outside this morning and turned on the sprinklers. I wanted to sit on the swing and watched them, so we did for a little while. I was going down the stair and bumped Milo and I said, "Sorry Milo, I didn't mean to hurt you." Mommy was putting some towels away she just washed, I was playing with them. She went to put them away and I asked what she was doing. She told me that the towels had to go to sleep, that it was their bed time. She didn't want me to get upset when she took them away, so she told me one of those little white lies parents tell their kids to keep the peace. It worked, I said, "ok", and kissed them goodnight.

I woke mommy up at 6:45 am by going in her room and saying, "I have a boogie mommy." We were outside doing sidewalk chalk and I gave her a different chalk and took the one she had and said, "Lets trade." I wanted what she had and it seemed like a good compromise.

We went to the store and on our way I kept saying that I wanted the baby one. Mom didn't know what I meant until I went and got one of the small shopping carts for kids. I took it and went to the candy isle and put in a bunch of stuff and had a really good time pushing it all around the store :). Mommy wasn't sure if I was going to be able to leave the store without it, but she just told me I needed to put it back so that it would be here for next time and I put it back in the same spot as she got it from. After that we went to the second day of mommy's ten year high school reunion.

Mommy hasn't been feeling good today, when she told me that she didn't feel good, I said, "Oh, do you want my blanket Mommy?" and then covered her up with it. It always makes me feel better, and I just knew that it would help her feel better too.

I have a little story to tell you, that I like to call "The Broken Moon." There was a girl, just for fun let call her Sadie. Sadie was out visiting grandma and grandpa, living it up, enjoying country life, when grandpa noticed something amuck. Sadie had a look of great concern and sounded rather upset. What was a grandpa to do but go investigate the cause of her great distress? He approached her looking around for the source of the problem, and found nothing obvious. So he asked her what the problem was, very distraught she replied, "The moon is broken." (That night there was only a half moon out.) Grandma decided to join in and asked her where the other half of the moon was. She looked all over the sky and said in the same troubled tone, "I don't know." Ok, that little girl was me, and come to find out the moon wasn't really broken. Some more living and learning I've had to do.

Baba just got done remodeling his bedroom with the help of uncle Clancy and uncles James. I let him know that grandpa's room was pretty, and said that James made it pretty. When we were over there today, baba let me throw dirt all over myself. When mommy took me in the bathroom so that she could clean me up, I saw myself in the mirror and said, "My face is dirty." When we got home I said to the dogs, "Did you guys miss me?" Mommy told me that they did and I smiled really big :).

The other day mommy was painting her nails, so I wanted mine done also, and she was kind enough to oblige. This morning after I woke up mommy put me in her bed and gave me a sippy and laid there for a few minutes. When I finished my sippy and became more awake, the first thing I wanted to do was show mommy my painted toe nails that mommy painted for me. I pulled my feet out from under the blanket and said, "look mommy".

This morning when mommy was getting me ready, I was less than thrilled, and said "I'm not adorable girl anymore!" Later on for some reason unbeknownst to mommy, I said, "I'm taking a break." On our way home, I dropped something and wanted mom to get it for me. She couldn't since she was driving and told me to show her what a patient girl I can be. But I told her, "I'm not a patient girl anymore."

I had a stick I was using as a magic wand and accidentally scraped the ceiling (I was standing on my changing table) and then said, "Sorry wall." When I was playing like I have a magic wand, I say, "Magic a boo"or "Bippy a boo" or "Boppy a boo" Those seemed to be the right words for magic in Cinderella. I love to play with sticks of any kind, they make for so many different kinds of fun.

I had my box of hair things open and was going through them saying, "Something's missing." I saw the movie Madagascar and liked singing the song in it, "I like to move it move it." When I am in my bed at night I insist that I have my blanket on and that I'm snuggled up. The Brown Bear book nana got me has been read to me so many times I have it memorized. Mommy was reading it to me the other day and I said, "Brown bear brown bear what you see. I see a purple cat looking me." Then I turned the page and asked where the purple cat was, but it wasn't for another couple of pages.

Mommy and I went to Faun's Fudge (Weiser Classic Candy), for Mother Daughter Faun's Friday (the new tradition she started with me). When we got home, I watched Alice in Wonderland and afterwards came up stairs and said, "I'm late." We were on the couch and mommy told m she loves me so much and asked me if I knew that. A few minutes passed and I said, "I love you mommy so much, you are the best!" Grammy stopped by and took me home with her. Mommy came out later and we had dinner. Grammy's neighbors were over at their house and I said to one of their little girls, "Hannah, I wanna hold your hand." Then I tried to lead her out to jump on the trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment