I, like most mom's, find my daughter to be both unbearably adorable and entertaining. So I decided to start a blog completely dedicated to her quirky personality. This way we can share the love with anyone interested. Being Sadie's mom is the best thing that ever happened to me, so I hope you enjoy The Adventures of Little Miss Sadie Laree as much as I do!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

December 2009









Mommy and I took dogs on a walk. Today I said, fantastic and shucks. I wanted grandma to come over, so she did for a little while. I went to bed early because my ear is bothering me. Then I woke up crying, mommy couldn't find anything that helped me, then finally she took me into the living room and read me some books and I cheered right up. There's a dog on one of the Christmas figurines so I said, "Daddy is taking care of Sandy, and Jesus is taking care of Molly and PJ, he's a sweet Jesus." Mommy told me grammy gave her the figurine. Then because she told me that grandma went home when I asked where grandma was, I went to the window and said, "Thank you grandma outside." We were in the bathroom and mommy was getting me ready to put me back in bed and I hoped of the stool and hurt myself. I said, "I hurt my sweet leg."

Today while mommy was working out, I said, "Grandpa knows how to fix everything." Just an observation, but I haven't found anything yet that he hasn't been able to fix.

Mommy changed the bulb to her headlight and I was being very helpful. I said, "Maybe we need the hammer" and then got out the hammer and pounded on some things for a while. Then I said, maybe we need this, and got the socket wrench and put it in a hole it fit in. Then I got out a little screwdriver and tinkered around with it. Finally I said, "I'm freezing, let's go inside." And just for fun I said to mommy, "You're kidding."

After MDFF we went to the festival of trees, there were a lot of pretty Christmas trees there :). From there we went to the library and then the park. What a fun filled day.

It was St. Nicholas Day today! Sadie got some toys, books, coloring pages, stickers, etc… We spent the whole day at grammy and baba's.

I have perfect the art of getting what I want and have started to clasp my hands together interlocking my fingers and saying pretty please.

During church today I kept saying, "Super Sadie to the rescue." After the closing prayer I asked mommy if it was over. I just thought I would check and be sure that it really was over, there are so many prayers it's hard to keep it all straight :).

Lately I have been saying, "Can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man." I also find it fun to hang over the arm of the couch and say, "Sadie over board." I also saying a lot, "Not quite" and "What you say."

Mommy built me a shelving unit for my toys. Now there's room for more!

While I was eating my cereal this morning I was dipping my fingers into the milk and then rubbing the milk on my feet. I'm might have just invented the next big thing in foot therapy. After MDFF mommy took me to see The Princess and the Frog. During one part I started dancing and said it was dancing music. When it was over I clapped and then when the credits started to roll I said, "We gotta get out of here." When we got home, we went to a friend's house and made gingerbread houses.

Daddy came to visit me over the weekend. While mom was taking some of my stuff into the living room to get ready to go, Maggie got out of the kitchen. When mom was trying to get her back in I grabbed hold of the gate, called Maggie, and said to mom, "I got it handled."

We went over to grammy's after church and baba dressed up like Santa Clause and came out and gave me a present and let me jingle his bell. I had a lot of fun. They tried to tell me it was Santa Clause, but I know better, I knew it was baba all along.

One morning I woke up in mommy's bed, and told mommy not to mess up my hair because it was already fixed. Later in the day we went sledding at the park for FHE.

I said to Maggie, "Stay out of trouble Maggie." Then I said for some reason, "I give up." We got a lot of snow, so mommy and I made a snow man and it was a blast! I insisted that the snowman wear my flower hat and called it Frosty the Snowman. Mommy said it was Frosty if we just had a magic hat and I said maybe my "magic a-boo stick" would work. Then when we were inside getting a snack and I said, "Do you mind if I sit here?"

On our way to grammy's I kept asking mom if I could drive the car. She told me that only big girls get to drive and big girls go potty in the toilet. Well, she had me there. While we were at grammy's I opened a DVD case and when it was empty I closed it, said, "Abra cadabra ca poo" and opened it again. That didn’t work though, it always does in the movies, I don't understand what went wrong.

I got up this morning and went to the bathroom all by myself. Then mommy asked me a few times if I was going to poop in my pants or in the potty and every time answered in my pants. So she asked me if I was a big girl or a baby and I said a big girl. She told me if I was a big girl then I needed to poop in the potty. Then she asked me again where I would poop, but I still said in my pants. So she asked me if I wanted to drive the car like I asked yesterday and I said yes! Then she told me that first I need to be a big girl and big girls poop in the potty. So I pooped in the potty all by myself today without any help. We'll see how it goes, I do really well with potty, but we're still working on poop. I was out at grammy's for a little while and when she brought me home, I saw that because the snowman is melting it's face fell off and I said, "Oh gracious" and then put the face back on and then said, "Oh, beautiful."

I was sitting on mommy's lap, she flicked her finger and accidentally hit it on the wall. When she said ouch, I asked her what happened. She told me, and then I said, "Can I kiss it" and then kissed it for her. Later I was playing with Maggie and told her that it was too dangerous to go under the computer desk. Then I said to mom, "You will never stop Maggie now." I also pooped on the potty all by myself and then mentioned driving the blue car after I was finished :).

For breakfast today, I wanted yogurt and carrots and I dipped the carrots in the yogurt.

When mommy asked me what I wanted for breakfast I said that she just wanted carrots. Mommy and I made cookies for FHE. For a reason unknown to mommy and daddy I've been saying that I’m getting a batman for Christmas. Their best guess is that cousin Jonah must have one that I like to play with.

When I woke up this morning I went to the bathroom all by myself. Then I turned on mommy's bedroom light and said, "It's morning, time wake up, cock-a-doodle-do." I gave the neighbor kids I plays with some of the Christmas cookies we made yesterday. Then we went to grammy's and while we were there I said to grammy that I made a beautiful mess.

I spent eight whole days with daddy for Christmas and while was gone mommy moved the big girl bed into my room! And I've have been much better about staying in my bed at night since then. Mommy can't believe how much she missed me while I was gone. And is sooooo happy to have me back!

2 comments:

  1. She is a HOOT! The big girl undies, a kiss for my cheek...she is funny. You will be so glad you recorded all of these, Good job Laree
    LEslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I am an idiot I said Laree cause I was thinking of Sadie Laree insteaad of Terralee. SO SORRY>

    ReplyDelete